8 Reasons to Choose Northeastern Reproductive Medicine
We know you have a choice where you receive your reproductive medical care. Here’s why we think you should choose Northeastern Reproductive Medicine:
- Physician Experience: All three of our reproductive endocrinologists are board certified in this subspecialty. This means we have all passed the rigorous oral exam that is the final step in certification. Between us, we have over 40 years of independent clinical practice in Reproductive Endocrinology and assisted reproductive technologies such as IVF. Each of us have performed thousands of egg retrievals and embryo transfers.
- Success!: As members of Society of Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), we are obligated to report our pregnancy rates, and are subject to audit. While the numbers for 2015 are not available publically yet, stay tuned! We can say we are incredibly excited about our fresh and frozen cycle pregnancy rates in 2015, which far exceeded what we were able to accomplish in the past. In 2015 we did 175 fresh IVF cycles in the lab, and 80 frozen embryo transfers; this year those number are closer to 190 fresh cycles and 120 frozen ones. This is at least double what we were able to do in the past, and far above any other clinic in Vermont. In the two years since we have been open, we have helped bring over 400 pregnancies into the world, highlighting the high success rates of our infertility treatments.
- Meet directly with your doctors: We have no trainees involved in your care here at NRM – you see one of the three of us at each visit. Our lines of communication are short, minimizing the potential for problems, and maximizing responsiveness to the patients needs. We are on call 24/7 and you can talk to one of the three of us at any time.
- Nationally Recognized Doctors: Our doctors have published over 75 papers in the field of reproductive medicine, including many in prestigious journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Human Reproduction, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Fertility and Sterility. Our research has significantly advanced the field in infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome, reproductive surgery and menopause. Additionally, we have a nursing team with over 30 years of combined experience in the field, and the embryology team with over 50 years combined experience.
- State of the art laboratory: Our IVF, andrology, and assay labs are brand new, with equipment found in no other lab in the area. We have a LifeAire air handling system, ensuring unparalleled levels of air purity in the lab. We have a laser micromanipulation set up, which allows to perform atraumatic embryo biopsies and assisted hatching.
- Cutting edge techniques tailored to individual patients: We provide services no other program in the area provides: Anonymous donor egg IVF, gestational carriage, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis and screening. Our embryologists have a long and successful record of egg freezing. We utilize all the latest techniques and protocols in the field, tailored with care to individual patient’s needs and concerns, to provide the best outcomes possible.
- Comfortable, confidential environment: Because we understand how stressful the diagnosis of infertility can be, we specifically designed our clinic to be as comfortable, welcoming and non –institutional as possible. We also know how personal this diagnosis can be-there is much less chance that you will encounter friends and coworkers here than in a hospital-based clinic. We use a separate electronic health record, so your medical information is not accessible to thousands of people.
- Most importantly: Cost effective. IVF and infertility treatments are often not covered by insurance. We work hard to make these treatments as affordable as possible to our patients. Our cycle cost is much less than the national average, and that and our high success rates make us an extremely cost effective program. We also have multiple third party financing options available to make IVF more affordable to our patients. Remember, the cost of one cycle does not equate to the cost of success. Some programs may offer cheaper IVF cycle costs, but have much lower success rates per cycle, and thus the cost may really be double or even triple to achieve a successful pregnancy.
For all of these reasons, we feel Northeastern Reproductive Medicine can to provide with the best patient centered, cost effective high quality care in our region. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.