NRM celebrates 4 years of Fertility Care and over 910 Pregnancies!
NRM is 4 years old!
In our four years we have a lot to celebrate. We have helped create over 910 ongoing and delivered pregnancies (to put that in perspective, there were 5796 births in Vermont in 2016). We are the largest and most successful program in Vermont and New Hampshire, indeed between Boston and Albany. We are fully SART and CAP accredited as well as FDA registered and compliant. We are proud of our success and honored to help patients build their families throughout Vermont, Upstate New York, and New Hampshire.
In four years we have achieved a number of firsts in the area:
- The first pregnancy after egg freezing and subsequent thawing (twins!). *Note egg freezing is different and much more technically difficult than embryo freezing- embryo freezing has been performed successfully for years.
- The first pre-implantation genetic screening (PGS) pregnancies for recurrent miscarriage, paternal translocations, and advanced reproductive age (watch a news story about one of our families here)
- All of the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis pregnancies in the last 4 years
- The first patient with a viable normal pregnancy with her own eggs at IVF over the age of 44!
- The only program doing gestational carriage, with a high success rate and many pregnancies (many thanks to our friends at Vermont Surrogacy Network)
- The first pregnancy for a same sex male couple through coordination with Vermont Surrogacy Network (and many more since)
- The only Optum Fertility Center of Excellence in the area
- Superb fresh, frozen and donor egg SART success rates in 2014, 2015, 2016, and soon, 2017!
- Fifteen peer review publications (Including two in the New England Journal of Medicine)
When we left academics and the medical center, our mission for NRM was simple: to provide the highest- quality, most ethical, personalized care to our patients in a compassionate, comfortable and private environment. We are pleased that our mission has succeeded over the last four years, and will continue to succeed well into the future.